For those looking for an alternative to surgical methods of facelift, an excellent option has appeared - photothermolysis, which can get rid of obvious defects and age-related changes in the skin. What is the gist of the procedure, indications, contraindications, what to pay attention to during the recovery period and other interesting facts can be found in our article.
What is the principle of technology
The process for fractional laser rejuvenation of the skin of the face and other parts of the body was developed in 2004 and involves the creation of separate zones on the skin that are treated with a laser beam at high temperature and border intact areas. Due to such unaffected areas, the surface of the epidermis begins to quickly recover.
The fractional thermolysis devices have been improved, which makes it possible to change the energy of the laser beam and the properties of the microthermal zones (treated skin areas). For this reason, the process helps to fulfill various tasks in the field of cosmetics.
The effect of fractional photothermolysis is the use of microscopic laser beams that are precisely aimed at problem areas of the epidermis.
Such irradiation increases the temperature of individual areas of the skin surface and the dermis itself, which in turn causes the intercellular fluid to warm and cells to be destroyed. These processes activate all restorative and regenerative mechanisms that promote the synthesis of hyaluronic acid, collagen fibers and the subsequent appearance of new epithelial cells with an increase in the density of the epidermis and a smoothing of wrinkles.
The surface layer of the skin is restored within 2 days and the destroyed cells are completely peeled off within 2 weeks.
The point laser effect on the skin maintains a supply of healthy, intact cells, which serve as the main source for the appearance of new epithelial structures.
The great advantage of this procedure is the elimination of pigmentation in people with dark skin, as melanocytes are not destroyed but redistributed, making the complexion even and even.
The main advantages of the technology
Dermatologists identify a number of benefits of fractional photothermolysis, including:
- the minimum number of side effects and the safety of manipulation;
- the absence of pricks on the surface of the skin and the inability to contract dangerous infections (HIV, hepatitis and others) during the session;
- comfortable conditions for the patient and ease of carrying out the procedure for the beautician;
- the possibility of choosing an individual leather treatment program for each individual customer;
- Lack of painful sensations;
- the possibility of a targeted effect on areas of the epidermis with pronounced defects;
- no contraindications for people with any pigmentation;
- high efficiency of the procedure with no age limit;
- short rehabilitation phase.
For whom is the procedure recommended?
The fractional thermolysis technique is shown to anyone who has such problems / defects on the skin surface:
- age-related changes in the epidermis;
- the presence of deep folds and folds;
- Pigment spots of different sizes and types of formation;
- Expression lines, also in the area of the eyelids;
- excessively enlarged pores;
- the consequences of acne and acne;
- Scars, scars, uneven relief.
When the technique is not carried out
Not everyone can perform such manipulation, since there is the following list of contraindications:
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- the presence in the body of oncological processes;
- Long-term use of antibiotics, glucocorticoids, cytostatics, immunosuppressants;
- Taking drugs of the retinoid group (precursors of vitamin A);
- the presence of rough keloid scars on the skin (for example, after severe burns, operations), which indicate a poor ability to regenerate;
- Stages of exacerbation of psoriasis;
- acute infectious, fungal and viral lesions, especially those in the acute stage.
The conditions listed above are associated with slow skin recovery and may also be accompanied by the formation of scars, there is a risk of infection, accompanied by serious complications.
The order of performing the manipulation
This procedure must be carried out by a beautician with an appropriate diploma and permit.
2 weeks before the day of the scheduled session, it is necessary to stop using agents that damage the surface epithelium (scrubs, scrubs).
Temporarily you can not use drugs with retinol, salicylic and glycolic acids. The session is as follows:
- First, the beautician cleans the skin surface of the patient's face with a cotton pad, followed by the application of an anesthetic cream with anesthetics.
- Then a layer of ointment is applied to the epidermis, which makes it easier to slide the attachment of the device on.
- In addition, the process of fractional photothermolysis begins, in which the skin is exposed to a laser beam generated by the device nozzle. The treatment is carried out along the target grid and is accompanied by a slight tingling sensation in the epidermis. The duration of the procedure depends on the treated area and is about half an hour.
If the manipulation is carried out on the Fraxel device, it can be carried out in 4 modes, which differ in the different depths of penetration of the laser beam under the skin surface:
- Fine - with a mild surface effect, ideal for restoring the skin of the eyelids and other areas with sensitive and thin skin.
- Repair - Affects the skin structure and triggers the regeneration of the entire inner skin layer. It helps get rid of open pores, spider veins, deep wrinkles, and scars.
- Restore is the most popular treatment for superficial wrinkles, small acne scars and the onset of age-related changes.
- Restore Dual is a dual-action mode due to the simultaneous use of thulium and erbium lasers for safe use with all defects.
The maximum result is achieved after 3 - 8 sessions with a frequency of one month. The number of necessary interventions is determined by the doctor for each patient depending on the degree of damage / change to his skin surface and the area treated.
Features of the recovery period
The beautician who performed the manipulation is obliged to inform the patient in detail about the rules of skin care after laser treatment.
The following precautions must be observed during the recovery period:
- It is forbidden to sleep face down - that is, on your stomach - for 5 days after the procedure. During the same period, a moisturizing cream containing panthenol should be applied to the treated skin three times a day.
- Avoid direct sunlight for 2 months after the procedure and be sure to apply sunscreen with a high sun protection factor to your skin.
- Quit smoking as it slows down the process of tissue repair and regeneration.